Youth Camp 2015
Riverbend Retreat Center
WHO CAN ATTEND:
You and all of your friends! Impact Camp is open to all students currently in 7th through 12th grades.
HOW TO REGISTER:
There are two ways to register for camp… 1.) in person or 2.) online.
1.) To register in person, download, complete the following forms, which are in the Student Registration Packet and return to the youth ministry office:
- Student Registration Form
- Copy of your insurance card (if student is insured)
- Payment for camp
- Student Excused Release Form (if needed)
2.) To register online, go HERE and fill out all of the information. After completing the online form, we will still need a signed copy of the Student Registration Form (found in the Student Registration Packet) along with a copy of your insurance card (if student is insured) for our records. If you register online, you will need to return all completed paperwork (only fill out the name and address portion of the “Student Registration Form” and SIGN) by May 31. If paying online there is an $8 service fee for full payment and $3 service fee for deposit.
Here is the schedule for camp week…
Monday, June 8 @ 12:30pm
Students arrive at the Wade Building at First Baptist Arlington (301 S. Center St.). All campers should drop their luggage outside of the Wade Building, then check in at the registration tables in Suite 120, on the first floor of the Wade Building. After checking in, all medication must be checked in at the Nurse’s Station in the original packaging. A “dosage card” must be filled out on every camper taking prescription medication prior to departure; dosage cards will be available at registration.
* Eat lunch before you come or bring something to eat with you.
Friday, June 12 @ 12:00 PM
Return from camp. The buses will drop campers on South St., the same location that students loaded on Monday.
Sunday, June 14
9:30am Awaken Worship Service (wear your camp shirt)
11:00 Bible Study in the Student Center
6:00pm Youth Camp 2015 Party in Fellowship Hall
We’ll have food, camp videos and awards.
Parents: please bring sandwiches or chips if you can!
Students and families, PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE do not wait until Monday to bring your paperwork! We are required to make multiple copies of all paperwork and this process creates a ton of work prior to camp, and must be completed before we leave. By bringing your remaining paperwork by Sunday, May 31 you will make life much easier for all of us.
Parents, please turn in all paperwork NO LATER THAN SUNDAY, MAY 31.
All forms and information that you will need are provided in the Student Registration Packet.
We understand that there is a lot going on during the summer and it can get pretty expensive. If you need financial assistance please do not hesitate to fill out a Scholarship Application and turn it in with your registration. We do not want money to be the reason you cannot come to camp.
Family Leaders: If you would like to be a family leader please fill out and turn in the Family Leader Application no later than SUNDAY, APRIL 19. Your application must be turned in by that day!
WHAT TO BRING:
- twin size sheets/blanket or sleeping bag & pillow
- Bible & pen
- comfy clothing for 5 days
- athletic clothing for rec
- shoes/sandles (closed toe shoes required for some activities)
- toiletries (throw some insect repellant in there!)
- towels (a couple would be great)
- swimsuit (ladies, no 2-pieces & guys, no speedos)
- extra cash for the canteen & camp store (food, drinks, shirts)
- a friend who doesn’t go to your church or another church
- sunscreen (because you’ll be in the sun a lot)
- a good attitude that will last all week!
- flashlight (it gets dark at night)
- softball glove (if you are so inclined)
WHAT TO LEAVE AT HOME:
- CELL PHONES
- any prank stuff
- drugs, alcohol, tobacco products, or e-cigs
- roller blades, bikes, scooters, ATV’s, motocross bikes
- any type of weapon (firearms, guns or knives)
- fireworks or anything like that
- cell phones*, MP3’s, iPod’s, CD players of any kind (take a break)
- bikinis or speedos
- whiney, grumpy, complaining attitude
- anything else that would take the focus off of what you are there for!
Warren Samuels - Several years ago, God began stirring Warren’s heart for how he could impact the next generation and gave him the vision of introducing students to a missional God who demands missional living every day through short-term church planting mission trips and leadership training. Through 33 years of pastoral ministry in the local church and at Global Missions Fellowship, God was preparing Warren to launch NEXT Worldwide and encourage the NEXT team to be most effective in reaching the next generation. Through NEXT, Warren is able to declare the glory of God to students and the nations, impact the next generation and advance God’s kingdom. Warren is the president of NEXT Worldwidel; he and his wife, Sherry live in Prosper, Texas and God has blessed them with three daughters, two sons-in-law and two grandchildren.
Justin Kouba – The Koubas are back and we’re excited! Justin and Sarah Kouba both previously served on staff at First Baptist Arlington before moving to the Houston area in 2012. Justin and Sarah both teach school in Deer Park ISD, where Justin also serves as a coach. Justin also leads worship at Lifehouse Community Church in Humble. We are thrilled to have Justin, Sarah and band back with us this year at camp!