Boomers @ TX Rangers Spring Training 2014
Texas Rangers Spring Training in Surprise, Arizona – March 7-10, 2014… just a fun, long weekend away for Boomers! Built around the Rangers spring training baseball games…there’s so much more to be a part of in this area. Hotel rooms are reserved, and the rest will be up to you…some plans for all of us to meet a couple of times together…and plenty of time to plan your own agenda. You’ll just have an opportunity to build on your Boomer relationships in our church. March 7-10 (Friday-Monday), 2014
Texas Rangers Spring Training Trip - Surprise, AZ - Fri-Mon, March 7-10, 2014
That’s right…Texas Rangers Spring Training in Surprise, AZ! There is so much to do in that area, that you could easily stay for a couple of weeks, and not be able to take in all the sights and sounds of this incredibly picturesque region.
If it’s baseball you’re after, the Texas Rangers and Kansas City Royals share the training site in Surprise. Other clubs within 40 minutes of Surprise would include the Dodgers, Cubs, and White Sox, plus others.
Golf might be your thing…more courses than you could possibly play in a month’s time. Prices and availability play into this, but they are almost all really great courses because of the competition in the area.
Shopping might be what would “ring your bell”…and it is plentiful! In Scottsdale, the Kierland Commons is a town center (much like Southlake) and is the top grossing town center in the U.S.!!! There are plenty of other possibilities throughout the area also.
How about some sightseeing opportunities? The Grand Canyon is about a 2-3 hour drive, and is of course…spectacular! You can take a plane ride or helicopter ride over the canyon. At Sedona you will find Red Rocks, and can take a jeep tour of that incredible site also. In Scottsdale you will also find Frank Lloyd Wright’s studio if that would be of interest.
This trip will be a self-guided trip…you’ll just be enjoying it with a great group of Boomers from your church!
Here’s how we are planning this long weekend…
- We have 15 rooms reserved at the Hampton Inn & Suites in Surprise (less than 2 miles from the Rangers training facility).
- We will try to get our entire group together just two times during our time there. One of those times will be a dinner on Sunday evening to share stories of the weekend.
- We will have time in the mornings at breakfast to go over plans for the day, and to team up with others if you want to do that
- You will be responsible for making your own travel plans to and from Scottsdale.
- You will be responsible for car rental (you might want to team up with someone else in doing this to split the cost)
- You will be responsible for securing your own baseball tickets
Bottom line…your cost payable to the church will be $500. That cost reserves you a room for Friday-Sunday evenings. You plan the rest of your trip except for the two times we will be meeting together during our stay.