Parents Day Out
I have no greater joy than to hear
that my children are walking in the truth.
3 John 1:3
Doctor appointments, errands to run, lunch with a friend…
All great reasons for your child to come and enjoy time with us for Parents Day Out. We provide quality child care on Tuesday and Thursday from 9:30 a.m. – 2:30 p.m. for children two months through five years.
Cost per week is $40 for the first child. A family discount is applied for additional children. You are able to register weekly, or for the entire spring semester (20 weeks). Doing so will reserve a place for your child each week. The cost for the spring semester is $700 per child.
Each child needs to bring a sack lunch of finger foods and a change of clothes with them every week. You are welcome to pack a special blanket or animal for the child to nap with. Children in the Infant room need to bring enough pre-mixed bottles for the length of time that they will be staying with us and may also bring baby food.
If you are registering for the first time, please bring a current copy of the child’s shot record and a completed registration form. A registration form will be e-mailed to you once a placement has been confirmed for your child.
Preschool Ministry Associate
- Tiffany Hamilton – Tiffany has been here for a year and a half. She is a wonderful asset to our staff. Her calm demeanor is helpful when soothing and caring for infants.
- Tori Ponceti - Tori has previously served in our Two’s class. She is a student at UTA. Her positive outlook and willingness to serve make her a perfect fit in the infant class.
- Mei Liu – Mei has been with First Baptist Church child care for 11 years. She has experience working in each of our child care rooms. Her sweet spirit is perfect for loving on your One year old.
- Jackie Atherton – Jackie is eager and enthusiastic. She has age appropriate lessons and activities planned for your child.
- Mary Hill – Mary is a retired Arlington ISD Pre-K teacher. She is excited to be back in a classroom working with young children. Her experience and enthusiasm are a wonderful addition to our teaching team!
- Brittany McGrath – Brittany is a student at TCC. Her sweet and helpful spirit is perfect for our two year old class.
- Michelle Parks – Michelle has 11 years of teaching experience, 8 of those being in a preschool classroom. She brings creative learning opportunities to your child so that they can begin to prepare for Kindergarten.
- Dalila Williams – Dalila has been here for two years. She is a student at UTA and we are glad to have her helping out with our Three’s/Four’s class. Her excitement is contagious and the children love her.
- Theressa Krodle – Theressa has been involved with Parent’s Day Out in many aspects. She serves as a substitute in each of our age groups and occasionally sits in for Courtney as well. We are so thankful for her sweet spirit and willingness to serve.
- Emily Barnard – Emily has been helping out in many areas of our preschool ministry and has been serving as a substitute for Parent’s Day Out since Spring 2012. She is a wonderful help in our classrooms.
- Nina and Kendra Stephen – Nina and Kendra are nursing students at UTA. They are both very sweet and helpful. They are willing to serve in any of our classrooms when needed.
We use the Arlington ISD schedule as a basis for our school year calendar.
**If inclement weather is a threat, we will cancel our classes when Arlington ISD chooses to close. If AISD delays their start time, we will also be delayed.**
Our Spring 2013 Semester begins on January 8!
Closings for the spring are:
Spring break – March 11 – 15
The last day of our Spring Semester will be May 30.
Registration for Summer 2013 will begin on May 17.
Summer PDO Dates:
June 18 & 20
June 25 & 27
July 16 & 18
July 23 & 25
Aug 6 & 8
Aug 13 & 15
We use Lifeway’s Wee Learn curriculum. Each class has age appropriate lessons and activities.
Ones: Winter Around Me – Introduction to changes during the winter months in God’s world
Twos: Winter Outside My Window – Learning how plants, animals and people get ready for winter
3’s /4’s: I Can Be Healthy – Teaching children to appreciate the bodies God gave them and how to keep them healthy
Ones: Making Friends – Learning to love our friends and expressing thanks to God for our friends.
Twos: I Love My Family – Learning how to love and help our families
3’s /4’s: My Family Is Special– Helping children recognize that God planned for families.
Ones: Caring for Pets – Learning about pets and thanking God for them.
Twos: We Learn About Animals – Learning to name and recognize animal names and sounds and to become aware that God made the animals.
3’s /4’s: Animals Live In Homes, Too – Providing opportunities for children to learn about animals and the people that help keep them safe and healthy.
Ones: God Gives Us Springtime – God gives new life.
Twos: We Experience Springtime – Learning about the changing season and that God makes new things grow.
3’s /4’s: I Can Discover Spring – Helping children to become aware of changes in their world and God’s plan to help everything grow.
Ones: Going Many Places – Learning that we go many places with our families.
Twos: I Travel With My Family – Learning how people travel.
3’s /4’s: I Can Go Many Places – Understanding the importance of transportation and learning how people and things move from one place to another.
Our program is now full. If you would like to be added to the waiting list, or check availability for specific weeks, please email email@example.com. Thank you.