Strategic Global Missions Oversight Committee
Director of Global Ministries
Associate Pastor for Educational Ministries
This committee will establish a missiological strategy that will serve as a guide for decision-making as we:
- send teams
- prepare cross-cultural workers to be sent out
- provide financial assistance for all areas of global ministry investment.
This committee will evaluate the infrastructure of our global ministry endeavors and assist in making appropriate recommendations to ensure that our church has the needed structure to accomplish our global missions strategy.
Specific Duties Include:
- Develop a holistic strategy for our global missions investments. This strategy must be Christ- centered, Biblically-guided, ecclesiologically-based and missiologically-sound. This strategy will be presented to the church for approval.
- Evaluate, assess, monitor and make recommendations to the appropriate committees and to the church concerning the investment of financial resources in global mission endeavors.
- Evaluate the missions infrastructure of our church and bring recommendations to the church concerning any necessary changes.
- Provide guidance for the various entities charged with the implementation of the global strategy (e.g. Direct Mission Sending Council, Volunteer Mission Team).
- Experienced leader(s) in FBCA committees/councils
- Financial/Accounting/Business expert(s)
- Experienced Missions Field Personnel
- Experienced FBCA missions leader(s)
- Missions Practitioner(s)
- Two Ex Officio members: Representative from Finance Committee and Representative from Direct Mission Sending Council/Volunteer Mission Team