Staff Liaison: Pastor or, in his absence, the Executive Pastor
Principal Function: Address and resolve issues and concerns related to all church employees
Specific Duties Include:
- Work in an advisory capacity with the Pastor (or any staff member designated by him) in understanding the personnel needs of the church.
- Give support and counsel to supervisors in working out staff/employee/contractor problems. The response should be in keeping with the best interests of the church and reflect concern for the health, welfare, and potential effectiveness for ministry of the staff member and his/her family.
- Study staff needs and recommend to the church additional staff personnel as needs develop.
- Fill staff positions in accordance with church policy.
- Work out salary and benefit adjustments during the year, as needed, and recommend salaries and benefits to Stewardship Committee for the coming year in ample time for budget presentation.
- Study needs for professional development, associated expense (to be used by staff) and recommend the amount needed for the budget.
- Perform salary and benefit surveys periodically to assure adequate compensation ranges are established for staff.
- Keep personnel policies current by approving changes in policies as necessary; updating Personnel Manual as needed.
- Prepare and revise job descriptions for all personnel as needed.
- Handle such matters as receptions for incoming and outgoing personnel, observation of anniversary events, etc., as deemed advisable.
- Serve as an advocacy group for the church staff.
Membership: This committee shall consist of 12 individuals.
Additional Information: Meets on the first Sunday of each month at 4:00p.
Chair serves on the Finance Committee
Chair and Vice Chair serve on the Advisory Council