Staff Liaison: Associate Pastor of Administration
Principal Function: Provide legal advice to the church staff and any church organization needing legal assistance
Specific Duties Include:
- Maintain an awareness of laws, legal judgments, and pending legislation that have particular significance for the functioning of the church as a non-profit entity.
- Monitor any church action that might jeopardize its tax exempt status.
- Recommend actions that would lend appropriate support to legislative processes designed to preserve historic religious freedoms.
- Provide legal counsel and/or recommend such additional counsel as may be needed.
- Serve as a liaison between such legal counsel and the church.
- Review contracts and legal documents as required.
Membership: Comprised of Attorneys
Additional Information: Meets on an as needed basis
Chair and Vice Chair serve on the Advisory Council