Director of Operations
Plan the care and upkeep of church facilities and equipment
Specific Duties Include:
- Inspecting the buildings, grounds, furniture and equipment owned by the church to see that they are kept clean, neat, attractive, and in good repair. This includes all mechanical, electrical and plumbing systems involved in the operation of the physical plant.
- Conducting a physical inventory and evaluation of all furniture and equipment in a form adequate to support an insurance claim in the event of a disaster.
- Working with staff to ensure that repairs are made at a reasonable price, keeping in mind quality workmanship and materials.
- Working with the Associate Pastor of Administration in adding new furniture, fixtures and office equipment to the inventory.
- Reviewing and/or developing policies related to the off-site use of furniture, fixtures and equipment and recommending policy changes.
- Monitoring guarantees on roofs and building equipment; reporting to Finance Committee any damage from which we can collect insurance.
- Recommending labor-saving devices to be purchased that will increase efficiency and save money.
- Reviewing policies concerning use of buildings and grounds by our organizations or other groups for activities not related to our church program, such as weddings.
- Recommending policies and policy changes.
- Reviewing annual budget preparation related to church facilities.
Chairperson will serve on the Finance Committee
Chairperson and Vice Chairperson serve on Advisory Council
Associate Pastor of Administration and Director of Operations work with this committee
Usually meets monthly on Wednesday evening