Direct Missions Sending Council
Director of Global Ministries
The Direct Missions Sending Council is responsible to:
- Assess candidates for training/commission.
- Provide direction in the sending process.
- Monitor field performance.
- Balance funding decisions and maintain financial integrity.
- Make key decisions throughout the missions process.
- Periodically report updates to the church.
The Sending Council is organized into three subgroups:
- Missions Support
- Advocate Support
- Business Support
Specific Duties Include:
Missions Support – The roles/responsibilities of the Missions Support group include the following:
- Examine Candidate’s readiness for GCPN training.
- Review Candidate’s background information, references, and expert readiness assessments to determine readiness for commissioning.
- Provide ongoing pastoral care, spiritual advice, and strategic counsel to Candidates/Missionaries.
- Monitor/facilitate Missionary status reporting and annual review process.
- Monitor issues and identify resolution options.
Advocate Support – Every missions Candidate will identify an “Advocate” to provide prayer support, spiritual counseling, and other supporting actions. The Advocate Support group will work with these Advocates:
- Provide coaching and ongoing direction to all Advocates in place.
- Facilitate periodic meetings with Advocates to pray, train, inform, and ensure that roles are being appropriately filled.
- Listen to Advocates and determine individual Candidate/Missionary issues that may require elevation to the Sending Council.
- Maintain special events calendar for all Candidates and Missionaries. Ensure that these are appropriately communicated within the church.
Business Support – The Business Support group will assist with the financial and legal activities related to our direct missions activities. Responsibilities include the following:
- Determine specific funding requirements for each missionary.
- Develop annual budget based upon planned inputs/outputs.
- Monitor actual vs. plan financial performance each month.
- Monitor and assess overall business and legal issues as they relate to Missionary and sending entities.
- Council members will serve 3-year terms, with 1/3 of members replaced each year.
- The Pastor and Chairman of deacons will provide recommendations for new Council members.
- Deacons will vote to recommend Council members for church vote.
- Church body will vote to approve new Council members