Volunteer Mission Team
Principle Function: The Volunteer Missions Committee (VMC) functions in coordination with the Missions Coordinating Council to plan, promote, and conduct volunteer missions projects and involvement.
- Determine areas of opportunities for volunteer missions efforts.
- Communicate the volunteer missions opportunities to the congregation of First Baptist Church.
- Plan and coordinate church-sponsored missions projects outside of the Arlington area.
- Assure that the funds made available to the Volunteer Missions Team are used in such a way as to maximize the effect of all approved mission efforts.
- This may include:
- Paying approved expenses of the mission trip leader
- Providing funds for needed educational, medical, ministerial materials
- Providing funds for mission trip objectives such as building supplies, medical supplies, VBS supplies or Bibles.
- Make recommendations to appropriate committees, deacons, and to the church through the Strategic Global Mission Oversight Committee
Note: Chairperson of this committee also serves on the Direct Mission Sending Council