Merge “Big Brothers & Sisters”
It’s that time again! Merge Weekend is August 16-17 and our newest students will join us in Youth Ministry.
Each year we depend on our 10th, 11th & 12th graders to mentor and shepherd our new 7th graders. These students commit to invest in the life of their “little brother/sister” through the fall semester by contacting them each week, encouraging and inviting them to be active in the youth ministry and to simply “do life” with them as they enter this new world of junior high.
WHAT AM I COMMITTING TO?
- Be a part of Merge Weekend on August 16-17 to meet your “Little Brother/Sister” and serve in leadership for this event. You will need to arrive at the church by 6:00 on Friday evening and will be dismissed around 10:30 AM on Saturday (this means spending the night at the church on Friday night). The cost of the weekend is $20 per person.
- Attend a mandatory “Big Brother” & “Big Sister” meeting on Sunday August 19 in the Student Bldg.
- Contact your “Little Brother/Sister” each week during the fall semester.
- Be a good role-model and friend to our new 7th graders and be a help to them as they transition to youth ministry.
- Be active in weekly youth ministry gatherings on Sundays and Wednesdays…lead by example.
- Follow Jesus in your everyday life…not just when your little “brother” or “sister” is around
WHAT DO I DO?
- Download, complete and return the Big Brother Big Sister Application to the church office or a youth staff member by Wednesday, August 7.
- Attend the mandatory “Big Brother/Sister” Meeting on Sunday, August 11 at 12:30 in the Student Building.
- Download, complete and return the Merge 2013 Registration and Consent form.
- Bring $20 to pay for the event on Friday, August 17 or when you turn in your paperwork.