Wake Up Weekend
Wake Up Weekend begins tonight at 6:30 PM!
Students need to arrive at registration in the church Welcome Center, nearest the Center Street entrance, at 6:30 with all of their things for the weekend. Please come with your student to registration to ensure that we have all paperwork! After registration, we will begin the weekend with students going to the Fellowship Hall for dinner catered by J. Gilligans.
All students must have a signed copy of the registration/consent form as well as the “Code of Conduct” to participate this weekend. If you registered online, please download and sign a copy of the WUWE ’14 Registration Packet and bring with you along with the “Code of Conduct” found in the WUWE ’14 Student Packet. We will have copies of these forms for you at registration.
We will be done at noon on Sunday and students can be picked up from the Student Center (401 S. Pecan Street – corner of UTA Blvd and S. Pecan St.).
WHAT TO BRING:
- A sense of excitement & expectancy. This will be a great weekend!
- BIBLE (DO NOT FORGET THIS!) & something to write with
- Sleeping bag & Pillow
- Toiletries (toothbrush, toothpaste, soap, brush, deodorant, etc. – and don’t forget a towel)
- Casual clothes for the weekend
- Clothes to work in during your mission project
- Jeans for Sunday morning to wear with your WUWE t-shirt
- A 6-pack or 2-liter of your favorite soft drink and your favorite snack
- Great attitude
- Your manners & respect for your host home family and small group leader
WHAT TO LEAVE AT HOME:
- Drugs, alcohol or tobacco products of any kind
- iPods, MP3 players, video games or other electronic devices
- Prank “supplies”
- A bad attitude
Friday, February 14 @ 6:30-7:30 PM – KICKOFF PARTY
All students start off in the Welcome Center to register, find out your group and housing assignments. After registering, you will need to drop your stuff off at the area designated for your specific grade and head to the Fellowship Hall for dinner and time with your small group.
Friday, February 14 @ 7:30 PM – WUWE BEGINS
After the Kickoff Party, everyone will head to the Worship Center to participate in the weekend’s first worship gathering. Immediately following this gathering, groups will head to host homes.
Saturday, February 15
After eating breakfast in host homes, everyone will meet back at FBCA for morning large and small group sessions, lunch, and mission projects. You should have some free time to get cleaned up before heading back to the church for dinner and our evening worship gathering.
Sunday, February 16
Everyone will meet in the worship center for our 9:30 Awaken service, then head to the Student Center for breakfast and Bible study. We will dismiss at the conclusion of our 11:00 gathering.